Melltoo Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions set out the requirements to use Melltoo’s applications, websites, and other related services (referred to as “the Services”). The services include a technology platform that:
- allows users to browse a wide range of new goods,
- allows users to carry out safe and secure transactions that do not involve any form of direct contact and/or face-to-face interaction
By accepting the Terms and Conditions the User agrees to:
- read and understand the aforementioned and following terms,
- accept all the obligations stated herein; and
- be over the age of 18 years old and have the adequate legal capacity to use the Services. All account holders must be at least 18 years of age or have the permission and the proper supervision of a responsible parent or a legal guardian who shall be responsible for their activity that occurs through their Melltoo accounts while using the Services. Therefore, this policy does not discuss the use of the Services by minors.
The Terms and Conditions are applicable and deemed effective in force as of 25 May 2021 and replace the previous Terms and Conditions that were previously applied. User’s agreement to these Terms and Conditions is a preliminary prerequisite in order to use the Services.
Melltoo, the service provider, reserves the right to modify, amend and update the Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice. Updates to Terms and Conditions will be communicated to users. Continued use of the Services implies agreement to Terms and Conditions.
Registration and Account Creation
In order to be eligible for using the Services, Melltoo requires prior registration as a User, and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
On becoming a User of Melltoo, you willingly agree to the following:
- You are capable of entering into and committing to legally binding contractual agreements under applicable laws in your country of residence;
- You will provide true, accurate, up-to-date, complete, and truthful information about yourself as prompted and stipulated by Melltoo registration requirements;
- You will provide a valid mobile phone number and email address for registration and choose a username that represents your identity on Melltoo;
- Your username shall not include the word “Melltoo” or any other words that may give users a false impression that you are associated with Melltoo whether directly or indirectly;
- Your username shall not include any of your contact information including, but not limited to, your landline telephone number, mobile phone number, and email address;
- You will provide your personal email address and a valid, actively in-use mobile phone number to be linked to your Melltoo account when you first sign up for using the Services;
- If you are representing a business enterprise, organization, or any other legal entity, you must have authority to bind the entity to these Terms and Conditions accordingly;
- Your registration data shall be verified by Melltoo through its standard registration data verification process. Without mobile number and email verification, you will not be able to access all the Services;
- You shall be solely responsible at all times for maintaining the security of your Melltoo account since Melltoo does not assume responsibility for any damage, misuse, or loss of user accounts under any circumstances;
- You shall not set up multiple user accounts and/or transfer the ownership or sell your user account to any other parties.
Privacy and Protection of User Data
- You are fully responsible for all activity, liability and damage resulting from your failure to maintain password confidentiality.
- You agree to immediately notify Melltoo of any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security.
- You also agree that Melltoo cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to keep your password secure.
- You agree to not provide your username and password information in combination to any other party other than Melltoo without Melltoo’s expressed written permission.
You must keep your account information (e.g., location, user ID, verification number) up-to-date and accurate at all times, including a valid email address and mobile number.
Data Collection Policies
Melltoo uses the personal data users provide in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy and Protection of User Data policies detailed in this User Agreement. For instance, if you contact us by email or other messaging means, we will use the personal data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem, or if you confirm a transaction using our Melltoo Pay & Ship service, we will use the financial data you provide to complete the transaction. Melltoo may also use your personal data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through our services (‘likes’ on the app, category of items posted) to help us customize our services, improve the content and functionality of our services, better understand our users, and prevent fraud.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Melltoo may partner with third-party service providers who may use various tracking technologies, such as browser cookies or flash cookies, to provide certain services or features. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your mobile device or computer each time you visit Melltoo, but do not allow access to personally identifiable information from Melltoo. Melltoo does not have access or control over these third-party technologies, and they are not covered by our privacy statement.
Use of User Information
- Melltoo will not sell or disclose your name, email address or other personal information to third parties without your prior explicit consent.
- Melltoo automatically receives and records some information while you are browsing listings through either Melltoo mobile application or Melltoo website from your PC and/or mobile browser, such as your IP address, location, purchases and user behavior as well as other information such as mobile network provider.
- Some users or visitors may connect to or register a Melltoo account using an external third-party application, such as Facebook or Google. Melltoo may receive some data from those connected third party applications as well as request additional information. Connecting your Melltoo account to third-party applications or services is optional, and when you connect your account to external applications, you will be given the opportunity to grant permission of access to such information. You can revoke your permission at any time.
- Melltoo uses the information described in this User Agreement to provide and improve our services and products for identification and authentication purposes, to contact members or interested parties, and for general research and aggregate reporting purposes.
Electronic Communications and Messages from Melltoo
- As a user of Melltoo, you agree that we may communicate with you by email or through in-app messaging.
- On occasion, Melltoo will send you messages serving a variety of purposes. The default, required form of communication is in-app messages or emails. You will likely receive many messages from us throughout your use of the Services.
- Some messages from Melltoo are service-related and may require action from you. Examples of service-related messages include, but are not limited to: a welcome/confirmation email when you register your account, an SMS verification code, a notification of offers and promo campaigns or correspondence with Melltoo’s user support team. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Melltoo, unless you request to permanently terminate your user account and to remove you from our users database.
- As a user, Melltoo may also send you messages related to certain features on the mobile application related to your activity. Melltoo may also send you news or updates about changes to our websites, mobile applications, or services, or terms and conditions.
Right to Refuse Service
- Melltoo reserves the right, at Melltoo’s sole discretion, to cancel unverified or inactive accounts.
- Melltoo reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any given time.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, the registered user information may be part of the transferred assets.
If you have questions or suggestions you can contact Melltoo’s user support team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or contacting us via customer support chat admin chat on either Melltoo mobile application or Melltoo website.
There are 2 payment options available while purchasing items listed for sale on the Melltoo:
- Credit, debit or prepaid cards;
- Cash on delivery.
Due to the nature of the overstock business and the low low prices; once purchased, we do not accept any returns or refunds. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may opt to exchange an entire batch of products for another batch of similar value within 2 business days. In such cases, there will be a 40 AED shipping fee. Exchanges of single items within a batch is not allowed.
In the event of lost packages, we are committed to protecting our users when such unintended mistakes happen. Accordingly, we are committed to either retrieving the correct package or refunding the user affected by the mistake for the actual value of the lost item. By actual value we mean the fair market value of the lost item. This will be settled between the affected party and Melltoo’s user support team.
You can only reclaim a lost package within one week after you are notified that the package has been delivered. Regardless of our response time, we will take into account the first time you sent us an inquiry with the specific order ID of the lost item.